Landing Page, Feedback

Hello everyone,
I’ve finished my landing page project, i would love to read your opinion, either good or bad !
Landing Page: McDonald’s
Thank you all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why can’t I order more than just one burger at a time? :slight_smile:

I think the promotions section needs to be smaller. The Visa, Mastercard, and American Express images are massive.

Maybe make the Video a bit taller too since when you hit play it is kinda dwarfed by the container.

When you hover over the burger buttons it forces the elements below it downward, and the nav bar li elements do the same but upward. Its a small change but I think it would feel better when mousing over elements to not have them move around.

Good job!

Thanks for replying @DaxHarley , honestly, i don’t know how to keep two burgers “active” i think i can’t do that with plain CSS, maybe changing the tag and make it ?

I’ll change the promotion’s image and the video’s height! , I think that if I make a horizontal grid will be nicer.
Thank’s for taking the time to review my project!

Pretty cool! :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

Page looks good @inquires.flo. Some things to revisit;

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to <head> click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • The link to a font would go in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
    • Mentioning because you have elements out of order, elements missing. Just only code what would go between the body element and place the link to your font where mentioned.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
    • There are coding errors you should address.

Hi @Roma I’ve made the changes you mentioned but I don’t understand this error message:

1. Element head is missing a required instance of child element title .From line 1, column 16; to line 3, column 22 TYPE html>↩ ↩ <header id="header">↩ ↩

Content model for element head :

If the document is an iframe srcdoc document or if title information is available from a higher-level protocol: Zero or more elements of metadata content, of which no more than one is a title element and no more than one is a base element.

Otherwise: One or more elements of metadata content, of which exactly one is a title element and no more than one is a base element.

Document checking completed.

It’s neccesary to put the html tag? Because codepen take this as an error too…
Also there’s warning messages about section lacking of an h1 tag, but i don’t understand if this is neccesary, because i think you can’t repeat h1 tags on the same document, what do you think about this?
Thank’s for your help:)

Hi @inquires.flo,

It’s okay. That’s why I said in my original post, if copy and paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and the first two error messages.
The W3C validator expects to see html, head and title elements but since codepen provides the boilerplate template for you you don’t put them in.

The warning messages are okay to ignore. It’s for making your page more semantic and mentions adding h2 - h6 elements.

Nicely done!

1 Like

hey guys, I am need help with the layout test. getting the view point nav bar wroking

@onahpatience1610, once again, please don’t hijack a thread. Open your own if you have a question.

sorry sir, i am new to this and i am working without my glasses. so i cant really see clearly.