Landing Page nav-link issue

Somehow I’m failing #5, also wondering how to center my submit button. Only way i’ve gotten it to move was by floating it right. Doing “text-align: center” doesn’t work.

You are asked to make sure that your link elements have the correct href, I only see the href in the <li> tags (which should be removed imo).

@ThreeKgone, when a test fails click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.

The full failing message says

When I click a .nav-link button in the nav element, I am taken to the corresponding section of the landing page.'
Each .nav-link element should have an href attribute : expected false to equal true
AssertionError: Each .nav-link element should have an href attribute : expected false to equal true

Do you understand what the test is looking for and why it is failing.

For a quick look
<li class="nav-link"><a href="#quality">Quality</a></li>
notice the nav-link element does not have an href attribute

Thanks to you both. The wording really did throw me off. Any help with my second issue?

All the tests seem to pass for me. Can you describe in greater detail?

I just want my submit button to be centered under the e-mail line but nothing seems to work.

How do you center stuff?
Remember the lessons in freecodecamp?
You set the display to block and margin to auto in the submit id.

Hope this helped :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.