I am asked in step 42 to add specific
text to the address element.
Here is the requirement:

Within the address element, add the following:

freeCodeCamp<br />
San Francisco<br />
California<br />
USA

You can visit, but you might not find anything...

and here is my code:

<footer>
      <address>
freeCodeCamp<br />
SanFrancisco<br />
California<br />
USA

</address>
    </footer>

after checking the code did no tpass and here is the comment:

You should add the above text including the <br /> tags to the address element.

There may be a mistake that I can’t see. Can I get help about that?

Your code so far

WARNING

The challenge seed code and/or your solution exceeded the maximum length we can port over from the challenge.

You will need to take an additional step here so the code you wrote presents in an easy to read format.

Please copy/paste all the editor code showing in the challenge from where you just linked.

Replace these two sentences with your copied code.
Please leave the ``` line above and the ``` line below,
because they allow your code to properly format in the post.

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/104.0.5112.81 Safari/537.36 Edg/104.0.1293.47

Challenge: Learn Accessibility by Building a Quiz - Step 42

Link to the challenge:

I cannot see your attempted solution. To post it, make sure you surround your code with 3 backticks both above and below the code section. Like this:
```
put your code here
```

ِAll right. Here is my code

<footer>
      <address>
freeCodeCamp<br />
SanFrancisco<br />
California<br />
USA

</address>
    </footer>

When I send it the tags does not appear.

you need to surround your code with three backticks like this:
```
something
```

Or if you cannot find the correct key on your keyboard then use the tool bar option that looks like this <\> to make your tags appear. (it is about 4 icons to the right of the Bold tool)

Phrase : You can visit, but you might not find anything…
It is not included in the code to be added

Thank you. I am afraid this is not the problem. I deleted that phrase and the code did not pass with the same hint repeating that I should include the
tags, which I included.

Please post your code so we can attempt to help you. (you need to use the Preformatted text tool to include the code in full in the forum otherwise we won’t be able to review your tags and give help)

This is my code"

<pre>
      <address>
freeCodeCamp<br />
SanFrancisco<br />
California<br />
USA<br />
      </address>
      </pre>

I wrapped it in a

tag but when I upload it all tags are deleted as exactly as what happens without using the 
 tag. may be I am not using it correctly so please tell me more about this tool.

As noted above all tags are deleted.

Tell us what’s happening:
I am required to add an address using
tags. I did that but the code does’nt pass and a hint keep telling me that I should include the
tags. may I know what is wrong in my code?
Thank you.

Your code so far

WARNING

The challenge seed code and/or your solution exceeded the maximum length we can port over from the challenge.

You will need to take an additional step here so the code you wrote presents in an easy to read format.

Please copy/paste all the editor code showing in the challenge from where you just linked.

<footer>
      <address>
freeCodeCamp <br />
SanFrancisco <br />
California <br />
USA
      </address>
    </footer>

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/104.0.5112.81 Safari/537.36 Edg/104.0.1293.47

Link to the challenge:

You are missing a space in here. “San Francisco” is two words.

I recommend you copy/paste from the instructions if possible to avoid these types of errors.

Tell us what’s happening:
I am asking for help once more about the same step. I am required to add an address with br tags. I did exactly what is required even by copy and paste. Yet, the code does’nt pass and a hint repeatedly said that I should add the br tags. May I know what is wrong in my code?
Thanks.

Your code so far

WARNING

<footer>
      <address>
freeCodeCamp<br />
SanFrancisco<br />
California<br />
USA<br />
      </address>
    </footer>

Link to the challenge:

to add a break tag just type this:

<br>

not <br />

I agree, the forward slash is not needed, but that’s what is used in the instructions on the page.

But I just tested and the tests will pass without them. Think I might submit a PR to get rid of them in the instructions.

if you remove the last break tag, your code should pass

Sorry, there should be something else. I removed the slash and the hint said it must be there. I removed also the last break tag and the situation remained the same. However, I note the br letters are here colored but they are not so in my code on the page while they appear colored in the instructions. If the color is significantly important then here may be a question.

Also, you need to add the space in “San Francisco” as I mentioned in a reply above.

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (').

Thanks. After my post is being readable, what about the topic I am raising?

there are various posts of people helping you, have you checked their suggestions?