Learn Accessibility by Building a Quiz - Step 46

Tell us what’s happening:

It tells me I have to add a color property, I don’t understand what’s wrong

Change the font color of all the anchor elements within the list elements to something with a contrast ratio of at least 7:1> Blockquote

Your code so far

<!-- file: index.html -->

/* file: styles.css */
/* User Editable Region */

ul>a {
  color:#eaeaea;
}

/* User Editable Region */

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/125.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge Information:

Learn Accessibility by Building a Quiz - Step 46
https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/2022/responsive-web-design/learn-accessibility-by-building-a-quiz/step-46`Preformatted text`

Give a space before and after angled bracket > of your selector. And the color value is not correct. Select any color value that should be opposite of background color.

ul> a {
color:#FF9705;
}

it keeps saying “You should give the a elements inside list items a color property”

Post your full css code here by using three back ticks (```) in Separate line below and above your code block.

this selects a a elements that are direct descendants of ul elements, you have none. You can try without the >, only a space separating the two, which will get all descendants and not only direct descendants

1 Like

Hello!

This step is asking us to change the list or li anchor elements to a contrasting color.
As stated in a previous post, the color value is not valid. Try another color value as a suggestion perhaps, try using the one from the code above this one.

The best way to do this would be to try placing li and the anchor before the selector.   
Similar to ul > a{property: value;}
or similar to ul a{property: value} 
Do not use ul but rather the list element.

Hope this helps you.

thank you, this helps me a lot :blush: