Learn Accessibility by Building a Quiz - Step 67

I keep getting the error/hint: “You should have one @media (prefers-reduced-motion: no-preference) rule.” but I’ve checked so many times and that’s exactly what I have written. Unsure why it’s coming up wrong.

This step/prompt
Wrap the style rule that sets scroll-behavior: smooth within an @media at-rule with the media feature prefers-reduced-motion having no-preference set as the value.

Your code so far on this part

@media (prefers-reduced-motion: no-preference) {{

scroll-behavior: smooth;}}

Link to the challenge:

It looks like you accidentally removed the selector from the original ruleset. If you format your CSS a little nicer you have:

@media (prefers-reduced-motion: no-preference) {
  {
    scroll-behavior: smooth;
  }
}

Do you see that the ruleset inside of the media query doesn’t have a selector? You can restart the step to get the original CSS back and then wrap it with the media query as you have done here.

@media (prefers-reduced-motion: no-preference) {
scroll-behavior: smooth; {
}
}

If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge, just click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge. It will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Thank you.

Hi there.

Please stop posting solutions on the forum in response to people asking for help.
You can post hints and tips or suggestions instead.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.