Learn Bash by Building a Boilerplate - Build a Boilerplate

Hi.

I started some of the lessons in this tutorial a couple of days ago but noticed that if I left (logged out) and came back later, the questions would resume where they left off, but my commands in the terminal up to that point were not saved. Therefore, I needed to type all of the commands up to that point in the tutorial again to be able get the question correct.

I don’t know if I was doing something wrong or if the installation was off. I did some Googling and saw that there is an option in VS Code to enable persistent terminal sessions, but that option was already checked. I have since deleted everything on CodeAlly dashboard and re-initialized the course. When I log in I am now back at the beginning of the tutorial.

Before proceeding again, I want to make sure my terminal state is saving in VS Code (assuming that’s what is supposed to be happening). Do I need to explicitly make a file or folder (or save the workspace?) for this tutorial in order to have my terminal code to date match the course progress questions?

I’m using the latest version of Chrome on a PC running Windows 11 Home version 22H2, OS build 22621.2283.

Thanks!

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/117.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn Bash by Building a Boilerplate - Build a Boilerplate

Link to the challenge: