Learn Bash by Building a Boilerplate - Every level is complete no mater what I type in terminal

Hello freeCodeCampers,

Today I started the Learn Bash by Building a Boilerplate course and decided to run it locally. To do that I followed the steps mentioned in this article. At first everything worked perfectly and at some point decided to take a brake. An hour later, (meanwhile the VSCode is open on my PC) I return and continue the course but at some point I make a mistake and got the message Level Complete!. That’s when I realized that no mater what I type in terminal the Level is Completed.

I mean it’s not bad … I can pass every level by typing random words in terminal and fell that I am a professional Bash user but fells weird and wrong.

Things I tried:

• Killing and reopening the terminal
  • Rerun CodeRoad: start from command palette
  • Typing the answer when I am in review mode
  • Restart VSCode editor
  • Run Remote-Containers: Rebuild container multiple times
  • Finally restarted the course using the Learn Bash by Building a Boilerplate URL

Haven’t restarted the PC yet but don’t think it will solve the issue.
If the issue is already resolved then I am sorry, haven’t found it on the forum so if you could reply with the link I will appreciate it.
Is it a mini-bug or during the process of installations something went wrong?
Did I broke it with my ridiculous mistakes (Yes I am that bad) ??
How can I fix it?

Thank you,
Leon

There’s been some changes to the courses to try and optimize the web based version. Some of which could have degraded running them locally. I would recommend using the web based version for the most reliable experience.

I’m not quite sure what’s going wrong for you - you tried starting over, which should reset all the settings. You didn’t try the reset button there - but since you tried starting over, that should have reset things. I’m not sure, I will see if I can reproduce it to see what’s going wrong.

1 Like

That’s fine, I’ll use the web based version then
If I manage to fix it somehow, I’ll reply here and close the topic
Thank you