Learn Basic CSS by Building a Cafe Menu - Step 12

Tell us what’s happening:
Hey guys,

I’ve been stuck in this part for some time, and I can’t seem to figure it out.
I’ve also tried to /h1> after closing the alignment property, and even letting the h1> open.

Can you give me some hints on what I’m not seeing ?

Thank you in advance.

PS: I’ve read another post on this, and still couldn’t figure it out; and, I haven’t searched for other style properties to get “inspiration”. I’m embracing this freecodecamp ecosphere, let’s say.

**Your code so far**
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
  <meta charset="utf-8" />
  <title>Cafe Menu</title>
  <style>
  <h1> </h1> {
    text-align: center;
  }
  </style>
</head>
<body>
  <header>
    <h1>CAMPER CAFE</h1>
    <p>Est. 2020</p>
  </header>
  <main>
    <section>
      <h2>Coffee</h2>
    </section>
  </main>
</body>
</html>
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_12_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/103.0.5060.134 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn Basic CSS by Building a Cafe Menu - Step 12

Link to the challenge:

Ahh, you don’t want to use html tags in CSS. In the example:

element {
 property: value;
}

You would replace element with the name of the element. No tags, just the name of the element.

1 Like

Up in the head section where your styles are you do not use the

tags. You just use h1, like this:
h1 {
text-align: center;
}

Hey @thecoderguy, we try not to write actual solutions in here and instead try to help people find the solutions for themselves.

Thanks again bbsmooth, I did not know we shouldn’t use the answers to try and help. It looked as if one of the few that I tried to help was having a really hard time of it. I did not see any other way to try and help.
Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Understood it. I was kinda waiting for the css to arrive, not without warning though. Thank you

Thank you, got it now .

yea when i tried to use it like that it wont work i cant figure it out

If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge, just click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge. It will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Thank you.