Learn Basic CSS by Building a Cafe Menu - Step 12

When checking my code this is what is responded
" Sorry, your code does not pass. You’re getting there.

Your h1 element should have a text-align of center."
If I simply delete a space or minorly change the coding of h1, it tells me I need to create a new h2 sector, There is a h2 sector. And the h1 has a text align of center, Im confused. help

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="utf-8" />
    <title>Cafe Menu</title>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<style>
      h1 {
        text-align: center;
      }
      h2 {
      }
      p {
      }
    </style>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

</head>
  <body>
    <main>
      <h1>CAMPER CAFE</h1>
      <p>Est. 2020</p>
      <section>
        <h2>Coffee</h2>
      </section>
    </main>
  </body>
</html>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/120.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge Information:

Learn Basic CSS by Building a Cafe Menu - Step 12

You can add the same group of styles to many elements by creating a list of selectors. Each selector is separated with commas like this:

Actually that’s not what this challenge is about.

Additionally I’m a little confused because by all counts the code provided in the original post should be working in the challenge.

Do you have any extensions that should be interfering with the tests or maybe it’s a browser issue?

1 Like

Yeah, thank you. i had an extension which was making the screen dark because the code camp was extremely bright. Im not sure why it was interfering because I did all of the questions prior and other projects with it on no problem. But that fixed the issue, thank you

1 Like

There is a dark theme for the learn content. It’s referred to as “Night mode” if that helps.

1 Like