Learn Basic CSS by Building a Cafe Menu - Step 14

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

Your code so far

pls can anyone help me with this am a stuck i don’t understand what it meant by rewrite them in a new styles.css file
an also exclude the openimg and closing tags
pls am stuck can anyone help me answer this i want to get this done in a week

<!-- file: index.html -->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="utf-8" />
    <title>Cafe Menu</title>
    <style>
      h1, h2, p {
        text-align: center;
      }
    </style>
  </head>
  <body>
    <main>
      <h1>CAMPER CAFE</h1>
      <p>Est. 2020</p>
      <section>
        <h2>Coffee</h2>
      </section>
    </main>
  </body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */

/* User Editable Region */

<styles.css="h1, h2, p"

/* User Editable Region */

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/116.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn Basic CSS by Building a Cafe Menu - Step 14

Link to the challenge:

So notice that you have two boxes in the upper left area, “index” and “styles”. These are buttons which will show two different files: your HTML file (which contains all your code from step 1 thru 13) and your CSS file (which contains nothing at this point). Click on these buttons so that you are viewing both files, side-by-side.

Once they are both being displayed, you will notice that your HTML file contains some styling. (from line 6 to line 10). Although this technically works, styling is usually done in a completely separate file (the CSS file that you clicked on).

The goal is to copy your existing code (currently in the HTML file) and paste it into the CSS file. Note: you don’t need the opening and closing tags when it is in CSS. You need the info that is between those two tags pasted into CSS…does that make sense?

1 Like

thanks it does
thanks a lot

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.