<section>
      <h2>Coffee</h2>
    </section>
  </main>
</body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */

**Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/103.0.5060.134 Safari/537.36 Edg/103.0.1264.77

Challenge: Learn Basic CSS by Building a Cafe Menu - Step 15

Link to the challenge:

Typically when writing CSS, we will want to have it in a separate CSS file, so that we can easily reuse and update defined styles across different html pages from a central source.

This challenge is just asking for you to take the css you have written within the style tags, and rewrite it in the provided styles.css file.

I hope that helps. To read more about inline vs external css usage, check out this article on freeCodeCamp: HTML and CSS – Inline Style, External Stylesheet, CSS Code Examples

it doesn’t. please help me out i still don’t get it.

Hi, you basically copy and paste whatever you had written in the style part of the code from the other file into the css one and it should work.

In the code you shared above, your css file is blank. That is where you need to put your CSS rule

h1, h2, p {
      text-align: center;
    }

If you have tried copying and pasting the code from the style section from index.html file into the styles.css file and it did not work, please share the CSS so we can see what it looks like and can tell what is going wrong.

Thanks. I already figured it out

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.