Learn Basic CSS by Building a Cafe Menu - Step 17

I’m currently stuck on this step and can’t seem to find out why it is not accepting my submission. I even went on to step 18 and copied and pasted the link element being request, and it’s not taking it. Can someone confirm if I am missing something in my code or is it the system not picking it up for this step.

Thanks for all the help!

**Your code so far**
/* file: index.html */
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
  <meta charset="utf-8" />
  <title>Cafe Menu</title>
  <link href="styles.css" rel="stylesheet"/>
</head>
<body>
  <header>
    <h1>CAMPER CAFE</h1>
    <p>Est. 2020</p>
  </header>
  <main>
    <section>
      <h2>Coffee</h2>
    </section>
  </main>
</body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
h1, h2, p {
text-align: center;
}
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/103.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn Basic CSS by Building a Cafe Menu - Step 17

Link to the challenge:

I do not know why this test is failing, but it passes for me. Have you tried adding a closing link tag?

Hello, I am also doing this course and recently completed this section. I think it may be the system not picking it up for you because I copied and pasted your code and it accepted it for me. You can also try removing the “/” at the end of your link element since it is not needed and see if that works.

1 Like

Make sure you don’t have any browser extension that might be affecting the code.

Thank you all for your prompt response. I tried all the above suggested solutions and the test continues to fail. Is there a way to report it for an admin to review the issue?

Thank you for all your help.

I’m currently using the latest version of Chrome. However, I just tried the test on Firefox, and it passed. What do you think may have been the issue to avoid it from happening again?

Thanks for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.