Learn Basic CSS by Building a Cafe Menu - Step 17

Stuck on this step really badly, I’ve tried searching up various other solutions but nothing works. I’ve tried rearranging the position of the attributes, re-typing it, closing link element even though it’s unnecessary and forward slash at the end of all attributes within the self-closing link element.

Functionally it appears to be doing what the step is telling me to do as the text aligns to the center in the preview.

Step 17

Now you need to link the styles.css file so the styles will be applied again. Nest a self-closing link element in the head element. Give it a rel attribute value stylesheet and an href attribute value of styles.css.

/* file: index.html */
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
  <meta charset="utf-8"/>
  <link href="styles.css" rel="stylesheet">
  <title>Cafe Menu</title>
</head>
<body>
  <header>
    <h1>CAMPER CAFE</h1>
    <p>Est. 2020</p>
  </header>
  <main>
    <section>
      <h2>Coffee</h2>
    </section>
  </main>
</body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
h1, h2, p {
text-align: center;
}
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/103.0.5060.134 Safari/537.36

Link to the challenge:

write the link tag just after meta tag, in the same line.

Tried that, ended up skipping to step 18 and copy pasting the code from there and it still didn’t run, as well as in several different configurations. I’m just going to move forward anyways with the assumption that the website is broken sadly

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.