Learn Basic CSS by Building a Cafe Menu - Step 18

Tell us what’s happening:

Describe your issue in detail here.

The questions here are shockingly bad, it is incredibly difficult to determine what we are supposed to do. The answer I gave worked for others here, but it gets rejected for me. I didn’t need any assistance to this point, but it sure would be nice if someone would put enough information in the questions to understand what the task is. Especially considering there is nobody to ask.

Your code so far

<!-- file: index.html -->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="utf-8" />
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />
    <title>Cafe Menu</title>
    <link href="styles.css" rel="stylesheet"/>
  </head>
  <body>
    <main>
      <h1>CAMPER CAFE</h1>
      <p>Est. 2020</p>
      <section>
        <h2>Coffee</h2>
      </section>
    </main>
  </body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */

/* User Editable Region */

h1, h2, p {background-color:brown;}{
  text-align: center;
}

/* User Editable Region */

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/120.0.0.0 Safari/537.36 Edg/120.0.0.0

Challenge Information:

Learn Basic CSS by Building a Cafe Menu - Step 18

You appear to have created this post without editing the template. Please edit your post to Tell us what’s happening in your own words.
Learning to describe problems is hard, but it is an important part of learning how to code.
Also, the more you say, the more we can help!

I wrote very clearly exactly what my problem is. The questions on these tests are written by 3rd grade minds.

Welcome to the community @twitchvee !

It appears that there is some misunderstanding of the instructions

We are asked to create a new selector, not add one to the current multiple selector.

I suggest trying a body selector and adding the property and value you have with the curly brackets inside it and see what happens.

Happy coding!

Well done on the property and value.

Keep up the good progress and happy coding @twitchvee

I only vaguely recall this terminology being used before. What is a body selector? I have to know the terms. I’ve done this once

When I put that into it also got denied

All I had to do was remove the ‘<>’. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.