Learn Basic CSS by Building a Cafe Menu - Step 22

Tell us what’s happening:

Step 22

Comments in CSS look like this:

/* comment here */

In your style sheet, comment out the line containing the background-color property and value, so you can see the effect of only styling div element. This will make the background white again.

It says after I’ve entered my code that
“Your body should have a white background”
I’ve even looked at the forums before mine I can not understand my mistake for the life of me.

Your code so far
background-color: burlywood;
/* background-color: burlywood; */

<!-- file: index.html -->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="utf-8" />
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />
    <title>Cafe Menu</title>
    <link href="styles.css" rel="stylesheet"/>
  </head>
  <body>
    <div>
      <main>
        <h1>CAMPER CAFE</h1>
        <p>Est. 2020</p>
        <section>
          <h2>Coffee</h2>
        </section>
      </main>
    </div>
  </body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
body {
  background-color: burlywood;
  /* background-color: burlywood; */
}

h1, h2, p {
  text-align: center;
}

div {
  width: 300px;
}

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/107.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn Basic CSS by Building a Cafe Menu - Step 22

Link to the challenge:

OK. Line 2 in your CSS is the line that you’ll want to comment out. Looking at your code that you posted, the background color is still being set to burlywood…then you have an additional entry under it that your commenting out.

So, understand, commenting a line out means that any instruction or coding between the /* */ symbols is, in a sense, nullified. In your code, you have essentially commented out the SECOND background color entry, but not the first. in fact, you shouldn’t even have the second. You should only have one entry, which you will comment out…got it?

2 Likes

thank you for your reply, I figured it out right after posting this. It was having both I only needed to have one / * background-color: burlywood; */

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.