Learn Basic CSS by Building a Cafe Menu - Step 22

i dont what i’m doing wrong here please some explanation

Can you link us the challenge you are currently on, the code for the challenge, and what you have tried to resolve the issue. Without this its hard for any of us to help you.

also please share the error in full :slight_smile:

/* background-color: burlywood; */
body {
  background: white;
  }
h1, h2, p {
  text-align: center;
}

div {
  width: 300px;
}

here it is after adding my comments it kept showing that i have my body background has to be white
which i did but it isnt going through

You have several things wrong with this.

1. Look at where your comment is, it is outside the body selector, and the challenge has the background-color inside the body selector. You need to move your comment back inside the body.

2. You are adding a style of white to the body, and I understand why you did that because you say an error that is telling you it needs to be white. However, no where in the challenge does it tell you to add a style to the body and its failing because you added a unnecessary style

To recap, you need to move the comment back into the body, and get rid of the background:white style you added.

For future reference it will make everything a lot easier if you provide a link to the challenge. I had to go in the curriculum and find the challenge you were doing. You will get a response a lot quicker if you provide everything when asking a question.

sorry about that i thought the code would automatically appear once i send a message because it used to be like that. But it seems i’m still having thesame problem evem tho i moved the comments in to my body element still nothing changes

body {
  /* background-color: burlywood; */
  background-color: burlywood;
  }
h1, h2, p {
  text-align: center;
}

div {
  width: 300px;
}

Why did you add the style back? Get rid of the burly wood style and only keep the commented one. Look at what the instructions in the challenge, and what they tell you to do.

1 Like

just delete your third line from the top from this code containing
background-color: burlywood;
and you are good to go .

1 Like

thanks man i really appreciate

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.