Learn Basic CSS by Building a Cafe Menu - Step 28

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

Good Morning / Good Evening

I’m having trouble understanding what exactly this step wants me to do. To reiterate what the step asks, it wants me to "delete the comment and its contents inside the body type selector. And then add a background-image property and set the value to url(https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/curriculum/css-cafe/beans.jpg) . I left my mistake in the code to get an idea of what I did wrong here. So, what I did was delete the comment inside the body type selector and then tried to add the background-image property and set the value to url that was given to me. And nothing. I tried adding it before the body, that didn’t work, I tried deleting the whole style selector, that didn’t work either. I’m stumped. I’m not sure to add it inside or outside, or if I’m even using the right property=“value” here. I’m not sure what to do now, to be honest. Any hints that point to the next clue are welcome. I am here to learn

Your code so far

<!-- file: index.html -->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="utf-8" />
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />
    <title>Cafe Menu</title>
    <link href="styles.css" rel="stylesheet"/>
  </head>
  <body>
    <div class="menu">
      <main>
        <h1>CAMPER CAFE</h1>
        <p>Est. 2020</p>
        <section>
          <h2>Coffee</h2>
        </section>
      </main>
    </div>
  </body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */

/* User Editable Region */

body {
 background-image="url(https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/curriculum/css-cafe/beans.jpg)"
}

/* User Editable Region */

h1, h2, p {
  text-align: center;
}

.menu {
  width: 80%;
  background-color: burlywood;
  margin-left: auto;
  margin-right: auto;
}

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/108.0.0.0 Safari/537.36 OPR/94.0.0.0

Challenge: Learn Basic CSS by Building a Cafe Menu - Step 28

Link to the challenge:

Look at the other CSS rulesets you have already created. Do any of them use an equals sign to set the value on a property? If not, what do they use?

2 Likes

Hi @ColorCodeDoomer ,
In CSS, we use colon symbol : to assign value to a property, instead of equal sign =
So replace your = with :

They would use the colon symbol! I’m sure I stared at my code for an straight trying to think what went wrong. Low and behold the colon symbol was the key! Thank you for your assistance

Thanks your help as well, cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.