Learn Basic JavaScript by Building a Role Playing Game - Step 11

Hi, anyone could help me and guide me where I’m going wrong? I am pretty sure that everything is correct. I’ve spent an hour trying it in many different ways. I rewrote it many times in many different ways and it keeps on giving me this: Sorry, your code does not pass. Keep trying.

You should have a #controls, #stats selector list.

<!-- file: index.html -->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="utf-8">
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="./styles.css">
    <title>RPG - Dragon Repeller</title>
  </head>
  <body>
    <div id="game">
      <div id="stats">
        <span class="stat">XP: <strong><span id="xpText">0</span></strong></span>
        <span class="stat">Health: <strong><span id="healthText">100</span></strong></span>
        <span class="stat">Gold: <strong><span id="goldText">50</span></strong></span>
      </div>
      <div id="controls">
        <button id="button1">Go to store</button>
        <button id="button2">Go to cave</button>
        <button id="button3">Fight dragon</button>
      </div>
      <div id="monsterStats">
        <span class="stat">Monster Name: <strong><span id="monsterName"></span></strong></span>
        <span class="stat">Health: <strong><span id="monsterHealth"></span></strong></span>
      </div>
      <div id="text">
        Welcome to Dragon Repeller. You must defeat the dragon that is preventing people from leaving the town. You are in the town square. Where do you want to go? Use the buttons above.
      </div>
    </div>
  </body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */

/* User Editable Region */

#controls {
  border: 1px solid #0a0a23;
  color: #0a0a23;
  padding: 5px;
}

#stats {
  border: 1px solid #0a0a23;
  color: #0a0a23;
  padding: 5px;
}

/* User Editable Region */

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/120.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge Information:

Learn Basic JavaScript by Building a Role Playing Game - Step 11

Your code works but is inefficient. You have created two separate rulesets with the same rules for both. When you want to apply the same rules to more than one element (or group thereof), you can use one ruleset with multiple selectors.
This is what the instructions are asking you to do in this case. You can add multiple selectors to the same ruleset by separating them with commas.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I have tried doing it in a similar way, but must’ve done something wrong. :smiley: