Learn Basic JavaScript by Building a Role Playing Game - Step 156

Tell us what’s happening:

Hey guys, Can please help out. I am stuck again at Step 156 after many trier. The instruction say: " Decrement the value of currentWeapon in your if statement, after you update the text."

I have applied the decrement operator to all of the currentWeapon in the if statement but, I am still not getting it.

A kind gesture from anyone of you guys will highly be appreciated.

Your code so far

WARNING

The challenge seed code and/or your solution exceeded the maximum length we can port over from the challenge.

You will need to take an additional step here so the code you wrote presents in an easy to read format.

Please copy/paste all the editor code showing in the challenge from where you just linked.

function attack() {
  text.innerText = "The " + monsters[fighting].name + " attacks.";
  text.innerText += " You attack it with your " + weapons[currentWeapon].name + ".";
  health -= getMonsterAttackValue(monsters[fighting].level);
  if (isMonsterHit()) {
    monsterHealth -= weapons[currentWeapon].power + Math.floor(Math.random() * xp) + 1;    
  } else {
    text.innerText += " You miss." -currentWeapon;
  }
  healthText.innerText = health;
  monsterHealthText.innerText = monsterHealth;
  if (health <= 0) {
    lose();
  } else if (monsterHealth <= 0) {
    fighting === 2 ? winGame() : defeatMonster();
  }
  if (Math.random() <= .1) {
    text.innerText += " Your " + inventory.pop() + " breaks.";

}
}

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/120.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge Information:

Learn Basic JavaScript by Building a Role Playing Game - Step 156

The exercise explains that you decrement by using – operator.
Example: happyCustomer-- ; decreases by 1
In your code your operator position is in the wrong side, and you are subtracting currentWeapon from innerText, and I also recommend to read the last part of the instruction for 156 again:

Decrement the value of currentWeapon in your if statement, after you update the text.

1 Like

Thanks for your kind gesture. much appreciated

1 Like

Update the last if statement in your attack() with currentWeapon–. that should pass the test.