Learn Basic JavaScript by Building a Role Playing Game - Step 165

The step says:

Step 165

After the while loop, set text.innerText to equal You picked [guess]. Here are the random numbers:. Replace guess with the player’s guess.

But everytime I do this, I’ve been getting an error message. I’ve googled, used ChatGPT but nothing has looked different to my code.

Please help, I’ve been stuck on this for a while now.

function pick(guess) {
  let numbers = [];
  while (numbers.length < 10) {
    numbers.push(Math.floor(Math.random() * 11));
  }
  text.innerText ="You picked " + guess + " . Here are the random numbers:";

}

WARNING

The challenge seed code and/or your solution exceeded the maximum length we can port over from the challenge.

You will need to take an additional step here so the code you wrote presents in an easy to read format.

Please copy/paste all the editor code showing in the challenge from where you just linked.

Replace these two sentences with your copied code.
Please leave the ``` line above and the ``` line below,
because they allow your code to properly format in the post.

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/120.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge Information:

Learn Basic JavaScript by Building a Role Playing Game - Step 165

Look carefully at your use of spaces here.

1 Like

Here is the solution,

Mod Edit SOLUTION REMOVED

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.

For 165 step, please help:
After the while loop, set text.innerText to equal You picked <someGuess>. Here are the random numbers: . Replace <someGuess> with the guess function parameter.

my code:

function pick(guess) {
const numbers = ;
while (numbers.length < 10) {
numbers.push(Math.floor(Math.random() * 11));
}
text.innerText = "You picked " + guess() + “. Here are the random numbers:”;
}

Hint received as below:

Sorry, your code does not pass. Keep trying.

You should use the concatenation operator to add the string . Here are the random numbers: to your "You picked " + guess string.

If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge and need some help, click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge (it looks like a question mark). This button only appears if you have tried to submit an answer at least three times.

The Ask for Help button will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Thank you.