Learn Basic String and Array Methods by Building a Music Player - Step 68

Tell us what’s happening:

I don’t know what I did but I did it! xD

Your code so far

const deleteSong = (id) => {
    userData.songs = userData.songs.filter((song) => song.id !== id);
};

WARNING

The challenge seed code and/or your solution exceeded the maximum length we can port over from the challenge.

You will need to take an additional step here so the code you wrote presents in an easy to read format.

Please copy/paste all the editor code showing in the challenge from where you just linked.

Replace these two sentences with your copied code.
Please leave the ``` line above and the ``` line below,
because they allow your code to properly format in the post.

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:121.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/121.0

Challenge Information:

Learn Basic String and Array Methods by Building a Music Player - Step 68

You can post solutions that invite discussion (like asking how the solution works, or asking about certain parts of the solution). But please don’t just post your solution for the sake of sharing it.
If you post a full passing solution to a challenge and have questions about it, please surround it with [spoiler] and [/spoiler] tags on the line above and below your solution code.

It is not the solution, just for say " I don’t know what I did but I tried" I have no idea where I made the mistake because I don’ t know the answer!

ok, let’s look at what you did and what you didn’t

• Use the filter() method on userData?.songs .
  • Pass in song as the parameter of the arrow function callback and
  • use implicit return to check if song.id is strictly not equal to id .
  • Assign all of that to the userData.songs .

Look carefully at what you are missing

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.