Learn CSS Colors by Building a Set of Colored Markers - Step 1

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.
I wrote my code and everytime I click on “Check your code”, I get a message that my code does not pass, it says that my html element should have a closing tag. I don’t understand what is happening here because my code is written correctly. Is this a page issue or what is happening here?

Your code so far

<!DOCTYPE html> 
<html lang="en">

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/104.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn CSS Colors by Building a Set of Colored Markers - Step 1

Link to the challenge:

Hi, your closing tag for the html element looks like it’s missing. You would usually add it at the end of the project, but the program won’t let you proceed unless it sees it.
html lang=“en”></…

Thank you for your answer. I have the closiung tag in my html element. This my code:

<!DOCTYPE html> 
<html lang="en">

What am I doing wrong?

The html element that you have showing is only the opening tag.
You would have input closing html tags in previous projects like this= </…>
Some elements are self closing like the “meta” or “link” elements but most need a closing tag. For html, your closing tag will be at the very end of all of your projects

1 Like

Do you mean I need a closing tag like this?

Code does not pass in that way either.

Do you mean I need a closing tag like this </>?

Code does not pass in that way either.

html goes between </ … >
every time I write it out, it disappears in my reply

Yes! I’ve tried what you are saying, But ir doesn’t work! And I have notices in my previous projects, I haven’t used html tag in that way, when I’m declarin the DOCTYPE and lang

I have tried again and it works! Thanks for your help!!!