Learn CSS Colors by Building a Set of Colored Markers - Step 10

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.
When I added the second div element, it told me to nest the new div element into the other div element. I did this and now it is saying that it is missing a div opening tag. I can’t understand what it wants from me because i removed the opening tag for the new div element when i nested them together. I am very confused.
Your code so far

<!-- file: index.html -->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="utf-8">
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
    <title>Colored Markers</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css">
  </head>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<body>
    <h1>CSS Color Markers</h1>
    <div class="container", class="marker"></div>
  </body>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

</html>
/* file: styles.css */
h1 {
  text-align: center;
}

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/109.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn CSS Colors by Building a Set of Colored Markers - Step 10

Link to the challenge:

1 Like

This is one div with two conflicting class attributes. You need two divs, one inside of the other.

@ [afunkyduck]. it is asking that you need to add another div element and give it a class of marker inside your div element class named container.

Mod Edit: SOLUTION REMOVED

would doing that all on the same line be considered incorrect?

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.

When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (').

You have one div below the other. You need one div inside of the other, like your h1 and divs are inside of the body.

within the div element with the class named container, in between the opening and closing tag add another div element and give it a class of marker you are giving now two class names "container " and “marker” for on div element attribute which is incorrect. remove the class=“marker” and create a new div element in between the previous div and give it the class name marker

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.