Learn CSS Colors by Building a Set of Colored Markers - Step 4

Tell us what’s happening:
Hey there Camp Counselors,
Im having a little problem. Its probably my code, but after going to the Help Forum and checking out the other folks who have asked the same question, and verifying the comments telling the user their code is “right” or “wrong” as this always worked in the past to help when Im stumped.

Now several people all say that this bug effects them, and then are asked to try a Different Browser that plays nice with FreeCodeCamp.org.

So I use Brave typically, so then I went and tried it on Google Chome, then on Internet Explorer, and all of them say that this code is Incorrect.
for the meta element example:

Ive tried using =“utf-8” and =‘utf=8’ as well as =“UTF-8” and =‘UTF-8’ variations

It still says I need at least 1 meta element still…?
what am I doing wrong?

Your code so far

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head> <meta charset="uft-8">
  <title>Colored Markers</title>
  </head>
  <body>
  </body>
</html>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/105.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn CSS Colors by Building a Set of Colored Markers - Step 4

Link to the challenge:

I’m seeing that you put “uft” instead of “utf”. Is that the problem?

did you mean uft or utf?

I see I made that error once, but I know I did it correctly before, also I just switched to utf and it still doesnt work

new code please? (we can’t help till we see all the code)

Tell us what’s happening:
ok so I posted a help request a few hours ago. I moved on the the Javascript course temporaily.

So I see I had a typo in my code “uft-8” instead of “utf-8”. I think after entering and re-entering it repeatedly I mixed it up.
But, I did just back and correct that, as is below.
So what am I doing wrong this time?
I haven’t been stuck like this before, lol.

Your code so far

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head> <meta charset="utf-8">
  </head>
  <body>
  </body>
</html>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/105.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn CSS Colors by Building a Set of Colored Markers - Step 4

Link to the challenge:

I didnt know how to submit a new code example into this thread, so I made a New Help Post. is that wrong?

Please do not create duplicate topics for the same step. We want you to post to the same thread for the same exercise.

you just needed to add the code into your reply in the same thread.
There’s a button two steps to the right of the Italic button in the editor for helping you format code and it looks like this: </>

I dont know how to do that. sorry

Your solution works for me. Please try one of the following steps to move forward.

• Click on the “Restart Step” button and force a refresh of your page with CTRL-F5 then try to paste the code in again.

• or - Try the step in incognito or private mode

• or - Try a different browser or disable browser extensions that may interfere with the test.

We hope one of these will work for you.

OK thanks you guys, I’ll try that and come back if I have more trouble. and I’ll try to figure out how to post corrections to my code. Im real new to this stuff mYy bAd. lol

it’s fine. If your code was not posted correct, we would have fixed it and explained how to do that next time yourself.

OK so I took your advice and tried a different Browser. I used Firefox this time, and entered it exactly as just as I had a dozen times when using BRAVE Browser, even with all extensions disabled, and it worked this time.

I don’t understand why. but it did. I’ll stick with Firefox for now.

thanks

1 Like
<head>
    <meta charset="utf-8">
  </head>

Firefox ="success"
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.