Learn CSS Colors by Building a Set of Colored Markers - Step 5

Tell us what’s happening:
Hello, it seems that I have a problem with entering the code of the meta tag line, an errorand a content attribute, although I re-read several manuals and did not see.

Your code so far

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset= "utf-8">
    <meta name="viewport" content="widt=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
    <title>Colored Markers</title>
  </head>
  <body>
  </body>
</html>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.15; rv:106.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/106.0

Challenge: Learn CSS Colors by Building a Set of Colored Markers - Step 5

Link to the challenge:

there is a typo here

2 Likes

Thanks, but that’s not the problem. I have rewritten this section many times in different versions

1 Like

when i copy your code and fix the spelling, i am able to pass the step. have you tried to fix the spelling?

2 Likes

Here is the real spelling:

meta name=“viewport” content=“widht=device-width, initial-scale=1.0”

Test

Sorry, your code does not pass. Don’t give up.

Hint

Your new meta element should have a name attribute set to viewport, and a content attribute set to width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0.
I don’t understand why the code is not working

2 Likes

Hi @druchenkosa

Try to copy and paste directly mine:

with Error <meta name="viewport" content="**widt**=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">

solved it:

mod edit: solution redacted

Be aware that is the only code it should go in the solution box.

I hope that helps, happy coding!

1 Like

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.

2 Likes

you still have a spelling mistake here

2 Likes

Hi and sorry :sweat_smile:

I don’t use to do this, but the solution was there already and is the step 5 so I thought maybe this time is not a problem… :rofl:

Happy weekend!

1 Like

I compared your line with mine and found no visual differences. But your line works and mine doesn’t. Perhaps there is a mistake in the keyboard layout.

1 Like

The second is wrong, it should say: “width=device-” etc…

Ok, I saw my mistake. I went to the doctor for glasses))

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.