Learn CSS Colors by Building a Set of Colored Markers - Step 5

Tell us what’s happening:
I am not sure where I am going wrong for this step. I double-checked for spelling errors, and also proper placement of attributes. This is the error, I am getting:

" Your new meta element should have a name attribute set to viewport , and a content attribute set to width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0 ."

Is there a specific format for multiple attributes I should be using? Or is there a typographical error? Not sure what I am doing wrong here. What needs changing isn’t obvious to me.

Your code so far

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<head>
    <meta charset="utf-8">
    <meta name="viewport" content="device-width", initial-scale="1.0">
    <title>Colored Markers</title>
  </head>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<body>
  </body>
</html>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/110.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn CSS Colors by Building a Set of Colored Markers - Step 5

Link to the challenge:

The issue in your code is with the syntax for the content attribute in the meta tag. The attribute should be a single string value, so you need to concatenate the values for width and initial-scale into one string separated by a comma.

this should be a single value for the attribute content.
so only one pair of double quotes around the whole thing

You’re solution was the answer. I was able to figure out how to format that string. So I guess concatenating in this context is using a comma for more than one content formatting option in the same string.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.