Learn CSS Colors by Building a Set of Colored Markers - Step 68

Step 68 not working, following all the tutorials exactly and it won’t work no matter how many times I refresh the page or double check the numbers

<!-- file: index.html -->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="utf-8">
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
    <title>Colored Markers</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css">
  </head>
  <body>
    <h1>CSS Color Markers</h1>
    <div class="container">
      <div class="marker red">
      </div>
      <div class="marker green">
      </div>
      <div class="marker blue">
      </div>
    </div>
  </body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
h1 {
  text-align: center;
}

.container {
  background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);
  padding: 10px 0;
}

.marker {
  width: 200px;
  height: 25px;
  margin: 10px auto;
}

.red {
  background: linear-gradient(rgb(122, 74, 14), rgb(245, 62, 113), rgb(162, 27, 27));
}

.green {
  background: linear-gradient(#55680D, #71F53E, #116C31);
}

/* User Editable Region */

.blue {
  background: linear-gradient(hsl(186, 76%, 16%), hs1(223, 90%, 60%))
}

/* User Editable Region */

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/112.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge Information:

Learn CSS Colors by Building a Set of Colored Markers - Step 68

Why’d you delete the semicolon? I suspect that the test doesn’t like that

What semi-colon you talking about?

The only one that was there? After the value of the property

Just figured it out. There was a #1 instead of the letter L in the term HSL. So stupid, it should be able to identify garbage like that and highlight it for ya

1 Like

Syntax errors like that are usually highlighted or underlined. Odd it wasn’t this time.

1 Like

They should get on that, I wasted like 20 minutes of my life on that lol. Thanks for your help though!

Who is ‘they’? We don’t have any control over what the editor highlights. It’s part of a third party library.

The developers? Grammar check seems like a pretty simple feature to add, no? Considering there’s only 1 right answer for any given problem, should be easy enough to identify where an error is if it’s different from the correct answer

Which ‘developers’? Grammer checking is absolutely not simple, lol.

The tests did tell you the answer was wrong. Unfortunately, there are an infinite number of wrong answers to check for.

If it can identify that the answer is wrong based on a single mismatched letter… then there’s no reason why it wouldn’t be able toreveal what the specific letter is to the user , it knows exactly which part of the answer is wrong if it can reject based on a single letter.

Not exactly. You’re welcome to try to do the super duper simple obvious fix, but it really isn’t that simple. In general, analyzing the raw user input directly leads to buggier, brittle tests.

1 Like

Sure. You’re the expert, of course. It’s my first day here, so I wouldn’t know lol

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.