Learn CSS colors - can't get past Step 1

I’ve been trying to get past the Step 1 of “Learn CSS Colors by building a set of Colored Markers” but it just won’t let me. I tried like a millions times, and also checked Jess’s Livestream on youtube where she did this exact code and everything was fine and chill… but it just won’t work when i do it.

The challenge is:
Add a DOCTYPE html declaration at the top of the document, and an html element after that.

So I did:

And the answer i get every time:
Hang in there. You’ll get there. A hint:
Your html element should be below the DOCTYPE declaration.

Hi @ronblylod !

Welcome to the forum!

Please provide your code and the challenge link so we can test it out ourselves.

When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

Thanks!

my code was:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  </html>

link to challenge
https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/2022/responsive-web-design/learn-css-colors-by-building-a-set-of-colored-markers/step-1

It is passing on my end.

You probably have a browser extension messing with the test

Please ensure that you have disabled any extensions that interface with the freeCodeCamp website (such as Dark Mode and Ad Blocker), and set your browser zoom level to 100%. Both of these factors can cause tests to fail erroneously.

Thanks! :pray:
I was running on Safari and everything was working fine until that Step 1, and someone on the youtube chat had the same problem and said -change to Chrome or Firefox, so I switched to Chrome and now all is good :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.