Learn CSS Transforms by Building a Penguin - Step 1

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

Test
Sorry, your code does not pass. You're getting there.

Hint
You should have two meta elements.

Its telling me I need 2 meta elements, when (I tried with just 2) I have more than 2.

You will be building a happy Flappy Penguin, and further exploring CSS transforms and animations in the process.

Begin with your basic HTML boilerplate. Include the DOCTYPE declaration, html element with a language set to English, the appropriate meta tags, a head, body, and title element. Also, link your stylesheet to the page.

Your code so far

<!-- file: index.html -->

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css" />
    <meta charset="UTF-8" />
    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge" />
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />
    <title>Document</title>
    <meta name="description" content="penguin" />
  </head>
  <body></body>
</html>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

/* file: styles.css */

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/111.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn CSS Transforms by Building a Penguin - Step 1

Link to the challenge:

Already found the issue. It’s flagging me for this, which I can’t foresee why it would, but removing this, works?

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge" />

IMO, that should be addressed. Why? If you use Emmet in Visual Studio Code, there is a shortcut you can use which is ! and it creates the boilerplate for an html skeleton, which is what you would be doing in real world scenario.

because freecodecamp has told you to use only 2 meta elements. why are you trying to argue with it?

Not arguing with it. You assume that along with not reading what I said. It didn’t work because of that line of code. It worked without it, and 3 meta elements. It’s not testing for 2. Its testing for 2 or more.

Why bother posting to incite if your not going to read what I said, an make an assumption and be wrong?

I’m going to assume you no nothing about any of this, things like Emmet, w3, etc, so here, this is why, because what I showed above, that you ignored, and want to pick a fight with for no reason, is basic HTML skeleton.

you said yourself:

so why did you add an extra one its never even taught you? why would it ever ask you to use it lol. am not picking fights im just stating what freecodecamp asks of you which you already stated yourself?

freecodecamp has been pretty basic with html and css and it hasnt taught you anything extra like that as of yet. its not expected of you to put it in so i can only assume the fcc devs never put a test in place for that

Sigh, I will dumb this down for you, as good as I can.

Test
Sorry, your code does not pass. You’re getting there.

Hint
You should have two meta elements.

Is not accurate. Why? Because it’s throwing an error on this line.

Has nothing to do with the quantity of meta elements. Why? Because if you remove that, you still have 3. BTW, those pass.

<meta charset="UTF-8" />
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />
<meta name="description" content="penguin" />

Thus, it’s not the quantity, that threw the error. It’s that specific meta tag itself, which it has requested 2, yet did not specify which 2. It did not say what meta elements, just that it wants 2. Had I removed all but two, and kept that meta element, it would still throw that error. Therefore, not only would the user be confused why this is happening, it’s also an inaccurate feedback/hint. Furthermore, every HTML skeleton out there, has those meta elements. If you ever used Emmet, and I can tell you have not, because when I mentioned it, you ignored it, Emmet creates the boilerplate you and everyone else in the real world would use to create the HTML skeleton. To mark that as wrong, is to say that the worldwide standard is wrong, and that is a false statement.

i did not read

i can only leave you with assumption that the devs only test for the things they have already taught you or are within the stated requirements. since they have not included the other meta tags before they probably wont be testing for it?

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.