Learn CSS Variables by Building a City Skyline - Step 105

Tell us what’s happening:

I feel like I am doing something wrong, any input would be appreciated

Add another `repeating-linear-gradient` below the one you just added. Give it a `90deg` direction, use your building color from `0%` to `12%` and window color `12%` to `44%` . This will make a bunch of rectangle windows.

Your code so far

WARNING

The challenge seed code and/or your solution exceeded the maximum length we can port over from the challenge.

You will need to take an additional step here so the code you wrote presents in an easy to read format.

.fb5 {
width: 10%;
height: 33%;
background-color: var(–building-color2);
position: relative;
right: 10%;
background: repeating-linear-gradient(
var(–building-color2),
var(–building-color2) 5%,
transparent 5%,
transparent 10% )
repeating-linear-gradient( 90deg,
var(–building-color2) 0%,
var(–building-color2) 12%,
var(–window-color2) 12%,
var(–window-color2) 44%);

}

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/118.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge Information:

Learn CSS Variables by Building a City Skyline - Step 105
https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/2022/responsive-web-design/learn-css-variables-by-building-a-city-skyline/step-105`Preformatted text`

Hey!
Its a little difficult to see you code.
Can you paste it between the ```` marks that appear when clicking the </> button:

1 Like

Because the code block is so large it exceeds limits for the form post I suggest copying and pasting the related code only. You can post code by using three back ticks ``` before and after the code block.

Screenshots are harder to see therefore are not the preferred method. So, if you could kindly post your code we would be happy to assist you.

2 Likes

i fixed it, it took me a second to figure it out :slight_smile:

I figured out the problem

2 Likes

Congrats on finding the problem on your own @surelyalice!

Keep up the good progress!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.