Learn CSS Variables by Building a City Skyline - Step 15

giving me a good comprehensive hint won’t be considered an answer
if i pass the test i will go back to check why and what i omitted

Did you add a “;” after the Var()?

you’re supposed to use double -- not single for variable values.

''var(–building-color1);"

this is supposed to work but it didn’t

you’re still using a single - before your variable name. It needs to be like this.

--var-name

check out
var(--building-color1);

it is double there

You should format code you share in the forum

Please show the code so far

1 Like

it can be frustrating to work with these new concepts and definitely it might seem easier to just get a full answer from somebody. Certainly would require less back-and-forth discussion right?
We are assuming though that you’re doing the FCC exercise to develop a ‘coding brain’ which is basically a way of thinking that will help you debug thousands of lines of code in dozens of different languages, each having their own techniques and syntax. And you will get there. But the price is patience and trying different suggestions and failing and failing and trying again. But you will get there. Hang in there.

3 Likes

.bb1a {
width: 70%;
height: 10%;
var(-–building-color1);
}
HINT
" You should use var(--building-color1) to set the background-color of the .bb1a element."

Hurray i just got it right just now after how many days , wow this could be frustrating, thanks you all for your support
freecodecamp is truly a supportive family

3 Likes

That’s amazing! Keep this attitude of perseverance!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.