Learn CSS Variables by Building a City Skyline - Step 78

**Tell us what’s happening:**I don’t get this i have searched, and searched, and i have coped and pasted every code i can find on it , I coped it from the top of my code that worked and just changed the %, I coped the one example from thhe problem and i have typed it every which way i can think of accept up and down , I’ve been here for hours, please help , I’m to close to the end of this challenge I can’t stop now,it sucks to start at one and go to step 78 with out stoping, just to get hung up for the time it took you to get here.

Your code sofar

.fb1c {
  width: 100%;
  height: 80%;
  background: repeating-linear-gradient(
      90deg,
      var(--building-color4),
      var(--building-color4) 10%,
      transparent 10%,
      transparent 15%
    )
    repeating-linear-gradient1(
  var(--building-color4) 0% 10%,
 /* var(--building-color4) 10% */
),
  repeating-linear-gradient2(
  var(--window-color4) 10% 90%,
  /*var(--window-color4) 90% */
);

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/108.0.0.0 Safari/537.36 Edg/108.0.1462.54

Challenge: Learn CSS Variables by Building a City Skyline - Step 78

Link to the challenge:

I’ve edited your code for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (').

you started out the step with one gradient, correct?
They asked you to add a second one.
But in your code I see 3 so far?

Also there is no such thing as a repeating-linear-gradient1 function or a repeating-linear-gradient2 function.
The only function you need is repeating-linear-gradient.

Try to look at this exercise one more time. Ask questions if you don’t understand what you are reading.

and as i said i done it that way to, gradient1, & 2 is just the last thing i tried and i coped that from the example on the the problem, someone else said i need to add on line by selfand under it on line by it’s selfand that don’t work either.

okay, so I need to see the code that you tried that you believe -should- work based on the instructions.

(or pls do ask a question about the instructions themselves if needed)

Once you have code that matches your understanding of the instructions, then we can go from there.

this is what i would think it would look like.

.fb1c {
  width: 100%;
  height: 80%;
  background: repeating-linear-gradient(
      90deg,
      var(--building-color4),
      var(--building-color4) 10%,
      transparent 10%,
      transparent 15%
    ),
repeating-linear-gradient(

var(–building-color4),
var(–building-color4) 10%,
var(–window-color4) 10%,
var(–window-color4) 90%
);
}

if I just copy this part (and ignore everything else), your code works for me.
But if I copy all the code, the hint says that “you should not change the first gradient”.

So try resetting and just use the bit I quoted.

thanks that worked i can move on now

1 Like

so it was the comma i had in the wroung place.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.