Learn Functional Programming by Building a Spreadsheet - Step 102

This step seems super easy and I am certain I am overthinking the prompt. Can anyone explain what the question is asking and perhaps how to solve it?

Your code so far

"''" :  ('')  =>  ''

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/120.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge Information:

Learn Functional Programming by Building a Spreadsheet - Step 102

That can be indeed a bit more complicated than it appears. To give you some tips:

• "''" - this part can cause confusion. Take a step back and ask your self how does the empty string looks like. Some approach might be considering what can be passed to console.log('|' + empty + '|') as empty variable, so the console prints ||. That is: the first bar, then concatenated empty string and concatenated another bar. Keep in mind that in this example bars were added only for the purpose to show in console that something is printed.
  • The actual function is expected to accept one argument and return it, without any changes.

I’m having the same issue…I tried but I still don’t understand. can you possibly give some more tips?
thanks

Hey @Uattina18 for convenience please start new thread, including your current code.

1 Like