Learn HTML by Building a Cat Photo App - Step 1

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

**Your code so far**
<CatPhotoApp>
</CatPhotoApp>
<!-- <h1Hello World</ -->
**Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/103.0.5060.134 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn HTML by Building a Cat Photo App - Step 1

Link to the challenge:

You need to restart the step because you changed a lot of stuff that you shouldn’t have. It is best to only do exactly what the instructions ask you to do. Changing anything else will usually cause the tests to fail.

The instructions are asking you to do one thing:

" Find the h1 element and change its text to: CatPhotoApp"

The h1 element begins with the opening <h1> tag and ends with the closing </h1> tag. Its text is what is in between those two tags. So when the instructions ask you to change its text they mean to change what is in between the opening and closing tags.

Thanks for the response

In the instruction it says i should replace the “h1” with CatPhotoApp

Does it mean wherever h1 appears it should be replaced with the text? Or

Does it mean for example if i see

it means

Also when they mean in between the opening and closing tag do they mean

CatPhotoApp

Because i have tried all options and sometimes it says i am wrong but almost there but still haven’t

Thanks

Not quite. It says you should change the text in the h1 element to CatPhotoApp.

Again, the text for an element is the text in between the element’s opening and closing tags. In this case, that would be the <h1> tag and the </h1> tag. You are changing the text between those two tags.

CatPhotoApp

Again it says wrong Sigh or is it

We need to be able to see your actual HTML in order to help you. To display your code in here you need to wrap it in triple back ticks. On a line by itself type three back ticks. Then on the first line below the three back ticks paste in your code. Then below your code on a new line type three more back ticks. The back tick on my keyboard is in the upper left just above the Tab key and below the Esc key. Or, if you have the cursor in the editor on a line by itself with no other text, you may be able to use Ctrl + e to create the triple back ticks for you.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.