Learn HTML by Building a Cat Photo App - Step 1

Im stuck here: Hello World

Here is the error: Hint

Your h1 element should have an opening tag. Opening tags have this syntax: <elementName>.

Your code so far

<html>
  <body>
    <CatPhotoApp>Hello World</Catphotoapp>
  </body>
</html>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/108.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn HTML by Building a Cat Photo App - Step 1

Link to the challenge:

You were asked to create and h1 (header) element. So, enclose the Hello World text in the corresponding opening and closing tags. Oh wait, this challenge asks you to change the Hello World text to a different text. So do that (using header tags).

here is what it says:

The text for an element goes between its opening and closing tags.

Find the h1 element and change its text to:

CatPhotoApp

and then this is thre original code:

Hello World

You’ve accidentally changed the name of the tags themselves (creating invalid tags).
Reset the lesson and then follow the instructions to change only the text of the h1 element, not the tags.

like this:

Hello World

" Hello World "

I have replaced h1 but still not taking it

New here, so please forgive me if I misunderstand something.

But in the code I see, you’ve entered the exercise name as a tag, instead of h1. CatPhotoApp is not a tag.

Finally got it right

please assist on step 12?

In the text of your p element, turn the words cat photos into a link to https://freecatphotoapp.com by adding opening and closing anchor (a ) tags around these words.

Oh, this threw me off in the beginning, too, because of the ()s. The anchor tags are still using <>s. The anchor has to be defined, then closed. So

<a target="data" href="data">And yet moar data</a>

If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge, and you’ve tried to solve it at least 3 times so far and still need some help, just click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge (it looks like a question mark).
This button will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.