Learn HTML by Building a Cat Photo App - Step 5

Tell us what’s happening:
I am not sure what I have entered incorrectly. The instructions clearly say “Identify the main section of this page by adding a opening tag before the h1 element, and a closing tag after the p element.” I believe that’s exactly what I did. Please help

Your code so far

<html>
  <body>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<main>
    <h1>CatPhotoApp</h1>
    <h2>Cat Photos</h2>
    <!-- TODO: Add link to cat photos -->
    <p>Click here to view more cat photos.</p>
  </main>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

</body>
</html>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/110.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn HTML by Building a Cat Photo App - Step 5

Link to the challenge:

Describe your problem in details here.

There’s something weird going on which I don’t understand. When I paste your code in, it fails, but it appears to be completely correct. Have you tried resetting the lesson and then just adding the <main> tags again, exactly as before?

This line is from an old version of the challenge.

It looks like you may have copy-pasted an answer somebody wrote for an old version of this challenge.

Yes, several times. I am going to restart the laptop next to see if that is it. But I had no problems advancing each lesson before this one. Thanks for the reply.

That is totally weird. I reset the challenge several times and it still had that older version text. So i went back two steps, repeated them and yet it still showed that older version on step 5. I deleted that and typed in the “See more cat photos in our gallery.” and it worked. Thanks for your help again.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.