<h1>CatPhotoApp</h1>
    <h2>Cat Photos</h2>
    <!-- TODO: Add link to cat photos -->
    <p>See more cat photos in our gallery.</p></main>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

</body>
</html>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/115.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn HTML by Building a Cat Photo App - Step 5

1 Like

why is main closing tag not in the bottom row?

I tried that as well but i keep getting this message

Sorry, your code does not pass. Keep trying.

Your main element’s opening tag should be below the body element’s opening tag. You have them in the wrong order.

you may not have left the spaces right, main closing tags should be a little further back than the others try this way

1 Like

Identify the main section of this page by adding a <main> opening tag before the h1 element, and a </main> closing tag after the p element.

<main>
<h1>CatPhotoApp</h1>
<h2>Cat Photos</h2>
<!-- TODO: Add link to cat photos -->
<p>See more cat photos in our gallery.</p>
</main>

@superior i don’t think the problem is the spaces

The first code you posted in the challenge passes for me. Try making sure you dont have any extensions running when you submit. You can also try submitting the challenge in a different browser

2 Likes

well yes it must be true i even did the part again just to be sure and im sure

2 Likes

Hi i tried your code it works just fine i think you have other problems like just he said maybe an extension running or the browser is the problem

2 Likes

@awebhmed the browser was the problem thank youuu

2 Likes

@Cody_Biggs @superior the browser was the problem i was using chrome then i switch to saferi, everything is working fine now

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.