Learn HTML by Building a Cat Photo App - Step 5

Tell us what’s happening:
Hey everyone, I just started the responsive web design tutorial a few days ago and found the first four exercises clear and easy to understand and follow. However, I’ve been struggling for the past few days now on Step 5 (“Identify the main section of this page by adding a <main> opening tag before the h1 element, and a </main> closing tag after the p element.”) and haven’t had any luck consulting previous posts about this step. I believe I’m following the instructions as they are written, but am unable to get past this step and keep getting the following error message: “Your main element’s opening tag should be below the body element’s opening tag. You have them in the wrong order.” Can anyone please help me with this? I’m really excited to continue with the tutorial and learn more about web development.

Your code so far

<html>
  <body>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<main>
    <h1>CatPhotoApp</h1>
    <h2>Cat Photos</h2>
    <!-- TODO: Add link to cat photos -->
    <p>See more cat photos in our gallery.</p>
    </main> 

<!-- User Editable Region -->

</body>
</html>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/116.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn HTML by Building a Cat Photo App - Step 5

Link to the challenge:

Welcome to the community!

Have your reset the step to try it again?
Too much, or not enough, space can create issues, too.

You may wish to try the following if the issue continues.

• Reset step
  • Refresh page (F5)
  • Some browser extensions, such as ad-blockers and dark mode extensions can interfere with the tests.
  • If you are having problems, recommendation is to disable extensions that modify the content or layout of pages, while taking the course.
    • Try a different browser.

You are doing good! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! Trying a different browser was the trick

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.