<li>li </li>
  </ul>
  <p>Click here to view more cat photos.</p>
  </ul>
  </main>
</body>
</html>
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:103.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/103.0

Challenge: Learn HTML by Building a Cat Photo App - Step 6

Link to the challenge:

Please illustrate. I can’t seem to get past this step.

Yes, twice now. I feel the instructions are wrong, I do the exact thing and it still won’t move.

Also, the code example in the instructions is an illustration of how properly formatted child elements should look.

Tried that and still, it says sorry.

<html>
  <body>
    <h1>CatPhotoApp</h1>
    <main>
      <h2>Cat Photos</h2>
      <!-- TODO: Add link to cat photos -->
    </main>
  </body>
</html>

This is before the indent instruction, after reset. I get the feeling the instructions are outdated.

Actually, this is the formatted HTML after restart:

<html>
  <body>
    <h1>CatPhotoApp</h1>
    <main>
    <h2>Cat Photos</h2>
    <!-- TODO: Add link to cat photos -->
    </main>
  </body>
</html>

And then from there the only thing you should do is use your space bar to add two more spaces in front of the h2, comment, and p element. I know the instructions say h1 instead of h2, but that is a mistake.

After this, is when it brings in the instruction of <ul> and can’t go past that. I may have to skip this part.

That is just an example of how indented code should look. You will not use that HTML in your answer. You will not add any new HTML in your answer. Please read our suggestions above again. The only thing you should do is use your space bar to add two more spaces in front of the h2, comment, and p elements. That’s it. I’m not sure we can make it any clearer?

I am also having some trouble. I am doing exactly what you stated in this comment. I am adding to more spaces in front of the h2 comment and p elements, but I am getting this

Test

Sorry, your code does not pass. Keep trying.

Hint

Your comment should be below the h2 element and start 6 spaces over from the start of the line.

It is best if you open up your own issue in the forums. Use the “Ask for Help” button in the step to create it as it will include your current HTML.

Also, there is a bug in the current instructions. Even though they say to add two spaces to the h1 element, that is a mistake, you should add two spaces in front of the h2 element instead and leave the h1 element alone.

Just move to the next step, you can always return to number 6, I think something is wrong with 6. Just click new responsive webdesign and move to step 7.

Place your cursor on h2, press space bar twice, do the same for comment and p, once done, submit. Voila.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.