<main>
        <h2>Cat Photos</h2>  
  <!-- TODO: Add link to cat photos -->
        <p>Click here to view more cat photos.</p>  
  </main>

</body>
</html>
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/103.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn HTML by Building a Cat Photo App - Step 6

Link to the challenge:

Restart the step to get the original formatting back as formatting is the most important part of this step. The only thing you want to do is use the space bar on your keyboard to add two more spaces before the h2 element, the comment, and the p element. That’s it, don’t change anything else. After you do this you shoulds see those three elements lined up each two spaces indented relative to the main element.

thank you so much i’ve been stuck here for two days now.

Trust me, you are not the only one who has trouble with this step. It is one of the most popular steps in these forums. The instructions are in the process of being updated to hopefully make them clearer.

@Noobe just curious. Now that you know how to pass this, what would have made this clearer to you so you could have passed it on the first try?

1 Like

I’ll share some observations about this step.

First, the most successful cases when I helped somebody with it are like this:
most recent one.

Second, too many falks think that they need to use ul and li elements from the example.

My thoughts for now: example could be different. Or maybe couple of examples should be presented in the instruction?

I opened an issue on this step a few days ago if you want to contribute there.

What I’m really hoping for is feedback from people who didn’t pass this right away so we can figure out why they struggled and what they think might have helped them.

hi there,
admit4xxx,
gave me the hint, you are working on that problem.
Here is what i wrote him:
hi admit8490,
a few people struggle here.
The result of my research ended up at "Webster Comprehensive Dictionary “.
It tells the reader what indent is. written below is " webster”>

" To set as the first line of a paragraph , in from the margin."

May be English is not the native language of all students and by looking for the meaning of " Indent" they get this answer, which could cause that problem.

suggestion:
If more interest is focussed on indenting “each line”, it would help many i think.

Highlight key pointers to show clarity.