Learn HTML by Building a Cat Photo App - Step 6

can anyone guide me or help me with step 6? I’ve been stuck here for almost a week and I’ve been working with this for nearly 3 hours a day and still can’t solve it.

**Your code so far**
<html>
<body>
  <h1>CatPhotoApp</h1>
    <main>
       <h2>Cat Photos</h2>
        <!-- TODO: Add link to cat photos -->
  <p>Click here to view more cat photos.</p>
  </main>
</body>
</html>
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/103.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn HTML by Building a Cat Photo App - Step 6

Link to the challenge:

Restart the step. The instructions have changed recently. They should be a little better at describing what you are supposed to do. There is now only one change you need to make to the HTML.

1 Like

can you please give me a hint on what im supposed to change? maybe just say what line I’m supposed to change.

What do the instructions say to change?

Restart your step 6, then match the spacing/indentation of the <p> to the same your h2 element. It’s a little long winded at getting to the instructions of the step but, try that.
Hope it helps, Keep going!

Step 6

In the previous step, you put the h2, comment, and p elements inside the main element. This is called nesting. Nested elements should be placed two spaces further to the right of the element they are nested in. This spacing is called indentation and it is used to make HTML easier to read.

The h2 element and the comment are indented two spaces more than the main element in the code below. Use the space bar on your keyboard to add two more spaces in front of the p element so that it is indented properly as well.

may I see an example?

OMG. I’ve made it with your help! Thanks a lot!

1 Like

You’re very welcome. It takes practice. You gotta get used to reading what they’re teaching you and what they are asking you to code. Restarting the step to get a fresh look is always a good idea. Especially when you are frustrated. Sometimes it’s just an extra too many or not enough spaces. And the closing tags, always double check those.
You’re doing a great job! hang in there

1 Like