Learn HTML by Building a Cat Photo App - Step 6

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

Your code so fari dont understand if i have to indent every diffrent element and why it isnt working also do i need another p element at the begining

<html>
  <body>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<main>  <h1>CatPhotoApp</h1>  <h2>Cat Photos</h2>  <!-- TODO: Add link to cat photos -->  </main>  <p>See more cat photos in our gallery.</p>
      <h1>CatPhotoApp</h1>
      <h2>Cat Photos</h2>
      <!-- TODO: Add link to cat photos -->
    <p>See more cat photos in our gallery.</p>
    </main>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

</body>
</html>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/108.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn HTML by Building a Cat Photo App - Step 6

Link to the challenge:

All that this challenge asks you to do is to indent the existing p element properly (by adding two spaces before it).
The reason for using proper indentation in your code is that it makes it much clearer and easier to read. Child elements (those nested within other elements) are indented so that you can more easily see the heirarchy of your code.

Your code was like this:

<h1>CatPhotoApp</h1>
      <h2>Cat Photos</h2>
      <!-- TODO: Add link to cat photos -->
  <p>See more cat photos in our gallery.</p>

and the exam asks you to do:

The opening p tag should have indentation that matches your h2 and comment elements. Its opening tag should start 6 spaces over from the start of the line.

so h2 u did good, u forget to do space for p so all u need to do is to press 2 times space before it lol :slight_smile:

thx it was so simple but i overthought it lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.