Learn html by building cat photo app step 64

i neep help with completing a code
the instruction states: Step 64

Turn the existing freeCodeCamp.org text into a link by enclosing it in an anchor (a) element. The href attribute should be set to https://www.freecodecamp.org.
this is my code so far…

No Copyright - freeCodeCamp.org

but it keeps saying Sorry, your code does not pass. Keep trying.

Your anchor (a) element should have a closing tag. Closing tags have a / just after the < character.

Welcome to the forum @venus222

So the forum can assist please post your full code.

Use the following method to post code to the forum:

1. On a separate line type three back ticks.
  2. On a separate line paste your code.
  3. On the last line type three back ticks. Here is a single back tick `

The closing tag should look like this

</code>

Replace code with the tag name.

Happy coding

thank you, i have closed the anchor tag but it keeps saying the same thing even though the code works.please what do i do now its not letting me go to the next step

Without seeing your code, try removing any spaces before the closing anchor tag.

Happy coding

so sorry
every time i try to post my code as a comment so i can show it, it just posts the result instead,does that mean the code works?,but its still not letting me go to the next step

To post code to the forum, you need to include a back tick ` before and after the code.

Or, you could try &lt; instead of <, so no need to use back ticks this way.

Mod edit: removed solution

@Komal-1

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.

Sure, i’ll take care of this.

this is my current code:No Copyright -<a target="_blank" href="https://www.freeCodeCamp.org" >freecodecamp.org</a>
it keeps saying i should close the anchor tag ive tried over and over it wony budge

`

Hi,
Add a space before the opening <a> tag. And also, make sure this is all wrapped inside a <p> tag as the instructions say.
Hope this helps.

thank you but it still didnt work
this is my code now: <p> No Copyright - <a target="_blank" href="https://www.freeCodeCamp.org">freecodecamp.org</a> </p>

It passes for me though.
Try and reset your code. Then add this again.

If it still not works, remove the spaces after your opening p tag and also the one before your closing p tag.

1 Like

thank you so much it finally worked

1 Like

This worked for me!
Mod edit: removed code

@Stealthywife95

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.