Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 2

Tell us what’s happening:
Hello all,
I have a problem that happened to me once before on codefreecamp where the code was written as required but error was showing from compiler. At that time, I asked my senior frontend dev friend to help me with it and he wrote identical code which worked for him. After a few tries and few hard resets, my code went through even though I didn’t changed anything.
This time there is nothing but these two starting lines and I’m getting error. Am I blind :smiley: ? Is there something I’m not seeing? I tried with browser hard restart as well but getting same error.

Your code so far

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">

<!-- User Editable Region -->

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/116.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 2

Link to the challenge:

1 Like

You are missing a closing html tag. You have the opening <html> but it needs to be closed. Closing an element is similar to an opening tag except the only difference is there should be a / that comes before the element name

Example

</element>
1 Like

Well, that was embarrassing. Thank a lot!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.