Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 26

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

Greetings everyone,

I am getting the error: You should give the first label text one space at the front.

I did add a space between the text and t he label just in front of it as indicated but it’ doesn’t work is there something I am missing?
Your code so far

<!-- file: index.html -->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <title>Registration Form</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css" />
  </head>
  <body>
    <h1>Registration Form</h1>
    <p>Please fill out this form with the required information</p>
    <form action='https://register-demo.freecodecamp.org'>
      <fieldset>
        <label for="first-name">Enter Your First Name: <input id="first-name" type="text" required /></label>
        <label for="last-name">Enter Your Last Name: <input id="last-name" type="text" required /></label>
        <label for="email">Enter Your Email: <input id="email" type="email" required /></label>
        <label for="new-password">Create a New Password: <input id="new-password" type="password" pattern="[a-z0-5]{8,}" required /></label>
      </fieldset>
      <fieldset>
          <label> Personal Account <input  type="radio" /> </label>
        <label> Business Account  <input type="radio" /> </label>
        <label> I accept the terms and conditions <input type="checkbox" required /></label>
      </fieldset>
      <fieldset></fieldset>
      <input type="submit" value="Submit" />
    </form>
  </body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
body {
  width: 100%;
  height: 100vh;
  margin: 0;
  background-color: #1b1b32;
  color: #f5f6f7;
}

label {
  display: block;
  margin: 0.5rem 0;
}

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/106.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 26

Link to the challenge:

Welcome to our community!
Please read carefully the instruction:
" Within each corresponding label element, and immediately after the input element, add a space and add the following text"

So, you have to type in text given AFTER the ‘input’ elements and BEFORE the closing ‘label’ tag. In front of it add a blank space:

<label><input> Text</label>
1 Like

Greetings, Yeah that was the issue thank you a lot. Can I ask you a few more questions?

Of course, you can. But instead of asking here, try to post it as a new topic.

How do I know if I am capable of learning programming and do it for the rest of my life?

Please, post your question in this forum:

By asking the community you can decide for yourself by getting lots of experienced advice.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.