Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 28

I’ve utilized the console and done exactly what it said to do and yet it still comes off as wrong.

<fieldset>
    <label><input type="radio" name="account-type" for="personal-account" id="personal account" /> Personal Account</label>
    <label><input type="radio" name="account-type" for="business-account" id="business account" /> Business Account</label>
    <label><input type="checkbox" for="terms-and-conditions" id="terms-and-conditions" required /> I accept the terms and conditions</label>
  </fieldset>
/* file: index.html */
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
  <meta charset="UTF-8">
  <title>Registration Form</title>
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css" />
</head>
<body>
  <h1>Registration Form</h1>
  <p>Please fill out this form with the required information</p>
  <form action='https://register-demo.freecodecamp.org'>
    <fieldset>
      <label for="first-name">Enter Your First Name: <input id="first-name" type="text" required /></label>
      <label for="last-name">Enter Your Last Name: <input id="last-name" type="text" required /></label>
      <label for="email">Enter Your Email: <input id="email" type="email" required /></label>
      <label for="new-password">Create a New Password: <input id="new-password" type="password" pattern="[a-z0-5]{8,}" required /></label>
    </fieldset>
    <fieldset>
      <label><input type="radio" name="account-type" for="personal-account" id="personal account" /> Personal Account</label>
      <label><input type="radio" name="account-type" for="business-account" id="business account" /> Business Account</label>
      <label><input type="checkbox" for="terms-and-conditions" id="terms-and-conditions" required /> I accept the terms and conditions</label>
    </fieldset>
    <fieldset></fieldset>
    <input type="submit" value="Submit" />
  </form>
</body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
body {
width: 100%;
height: 100vh;
margin: 0;
background-color: #1b1b32;
color: #f5f6f7;
}

label {
display: block;
margin: 0.5rem 0;
}

**Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/104.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 28

Link to the challenge:

hello,

Recall back in step 55 of building a cat photo app , that we learned about the “for” attribute?
(feel free to click on the link I provided to this step here so you can refresh your memory)

Basically, the for attribute is used in the label element. (you have placed it inside the input tag)
To work properly you must set the value of the for attribute to equal the value of the id of the matching input element.

Give this a try, and again, step 55 is there as well if you need to be reminded of how to use this.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.