Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 30

I am trying to enter my code after adding a link to the terms and conditions text as instructed by the page but it keeps telling me I need to use an (a) element link and that’s exactly what I’m doing! Am I wrong? I am so confused and frustrated as I can’t move forward.

Help!!

Your code so far

<!-- file: index.html -->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <title>Registration Form</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css" />
  </head>
  <body>
    <h1>Registration Form</h1>
    <p>Please fill out this form with the required information</p>
    <form method="post" action='https://register-demo.freecodecamp.org'>
      <fieldset>
        <label for="first-name">Enter Your First Name: <input id="first-name" type="text" required /></label>
        <label for="last-name">Enter Your Last Name: <input id="last-name" type="text" required /></label>
        <label for="email">Enter Your Email: <input id="email" type="email" required /></label>
        <label for="new-password">Create a New Password: <input id="new-password" type="password" pattern="[a-z0-5]{8,}" required /></label>
      </fieldset>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<fieldset>
        <label for="personal-account"><input id="personal-account" type="radio" name="account-type" /> Personal Account</label>
        <label for="business-account"><input id="business-account" type="radio" name="account-type" /> Business Account</label>
        <label for="terms-and-conditions" <input id="terms-and-conditions" type="checkbox" required /> I accept the <a href="http://www.freecodecamp.org/news/terms-of-service/> terms and conditions</a>
        </label>
      </fieldset>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<fieldset></fieldset>
      <input type="submit" value="Submit" />
    </form>
  </body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
body {
  width: 100%;
  height: 100vh;
  margin: 0;
  background-color: #1b1b32;
  color: #f5f6f7;
}

label {
  display: block;
  margin: 0.5rem 0;
}

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/16.5 Safari/605.1.15

Challenge: Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 30

Link to the challenge:

I spot a few issues

You forgot to close the label tag here

Make sure to use the correct link here.

Also, you need to have a closing quote at the end of the link

Remove the space before terms here

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Thank you!! I don’t know how I missed the closing tag or how it let me move forward without it. Your advice helped! Thanks so much

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.