Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 30

Hello -
I am at a loss as to where to place the anchor tag within the last and <input. elements. I have attempted to place the anchor w/in , within and outside of both. I get DENIED w/each attempt.
Thoughts?
Thank you in advance for taking the time to share your knowledge.
Much appreciated -

Your code so far

<!-- file: index.html -->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <title>Registration Form</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css" />
  </head>
  <body>
    <h1>Registration Form</h1>
    <p>Please fill out this form with the required information</p>
    <form method="post" action='https://register-demo.freecodecamp.org'>
      <fieldset>
        <label for="first-name">Enter Your First Name: <input id="first-name" type="text" required /></label>
        <label for="last-name">Enter Your Last Name: <input id="last-name" type="text" required /></label>
        <label for="email">Enter Your Email: <input id="email" type="email" required /></label>
        <label for="new-password">Create a New Password: <input id="new-password" type="password" pattern="[a-z0-5]{8,}" required /></label>
      </fieldset>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<fieldset>
        <label for="personal-account"><input id="personal-account" type="radio" name="account-type" /> Personal Account</label>
        <label for="business-account"><input id="business-account" type="radio" name="account-type" /> Business Account</label>
        <label for="terms-and-conditions" <input id="terms-and-conditions" type="checkbox" required/> <a href="https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/terms-of-service/"> terms and conditions</a> </label>
      </fieldset>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<fieldset></fieldset>
      <input type="submit" value="Submit" />
    </form>
  </body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
body {
  width: 100%;
  height: 100vh;
  margin: 0;
  background-color: #1b1b32;
  color: #f5f6f7;
}

label {
  display: block;
  margin: 0.5rem 0;
}

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.6.1 Safari/605.1.15

Challenge: Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 30

Link to the challenge:

You are missing something after your for attribute in the third label. Look at the first two and you should see what you are missing

1 Like

Hello Cody -
Thx for your quick reply.
Yes, I was missing the >.
Unfortunately, when I corrected that I still do not pass -

<label for="terms-and-conditions"> <input id="terms-and-conditions" type="checkbox" required/> <a href="https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/terms-of-service/"> terms and conditions</a> </label>

Thoughts?
thx again -
J

Cody -
Are you aware of a location w/in freecodecamp where one can view the solution?
Thx again -
J

We do not provide the solution on purpose. You are not going to learn if you just copy the answer

I understand and can appreciate such.
I am obviously missing something as I have placed the anchor tag all around the label/input elements and am making zero progress.
J

So something to take note of is the above line. You can see the text you are turning into a link is " terms and conditions" notice how you have a space in front of the word terms. You want to remove that. You dont want any unnecessary spaces when trying to turn the text into a link

Cody - I figured it out. There was a space prior to the final phrase/link terms of service.
Question - would the same issue arise - error if a space existed after the > if/when created this code w/Atom or VS Code?
thx again
J

The free code camp tests are very specific in what they check for when seeing if the challenge passed or not. Normally it probably would not be an issue, but you also have to remember that anything between the <a> and </a> is going to be a link. So you dont want a random space on your webpage to be a place where users could click on because its a link

1 Like

Understood - thanks again.
Enjoy the rest of your week.
J

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.