Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 31

Tell us what’s happening:

I think there’s a glitch in the matrix of this course, because my code is correct but it won’t pass. I followed the directions exactly and reviewed my notes from The Cat App step #64. Moreover, the “suggestion” given is that I add “I accept the terms and conditions” to the label following the third , and I did. Very vague suggestion btw. Anyway, I’m 95% sure my code is correct, but it won’t pass.

Your code so far

<!-- file: index.html -->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <title>Registration Form</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css" />
  </head>
  <body>
    <h1>Registration Form</h1>
    <p>Please fill out this form with the required information</p>
    <form method="post" action='https://register-demo.freecodecamp.org'>
      <fieldset>
        <label for="first-name">Enter Your First Name: <input id="first-name" type="text" required /></label>
        <label for="last-name">Enter Your Last Name: <input id="last-name" type="text" required /></label>
        <label for="email">Enter Your Email: <input id="email" type="email" required /></label>
        <label for="new-password">Create a New Password: <input id="new-password" type="password" pattern="[a-z0-5]{8,}" required /></label>
      </fieldset>
      <fieldset>
        <legend>Account type (required)</legend>
        <label for="personal-account"><input id="personal-account" type="radio" name="account-type" checked /> Personal</label>
        <label for="business-account"><input id="business-account" type="radio" name="account-type" /> Business</label>
      </fieldset>
      <fieldset></fieldset>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<label for="terms-and-conditions"><input id="terms-and-conditions" type="checkbox" required />I accept the terms and conditions<a href="https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/terms-of-service/">terms and conditions</a></label>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<input type="submit" value="Submit" />
    </form>
  </body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
body {
  width: 100%;
  height: 100vh;
  margin: 0;
  background-color: #1b1b32;
  color: #f5f6f7;
}

label {
  display: block;
  margin: 0.5rem 0;
}

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/123.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge Information:

Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 31

HI @gudlifeproductions !

Welcome to the forum!

Whenever there are issues with your code, you should always check the final output in the preview window and ask yourself if it looks correct.

This is what your code currently produces

you see how terms and conditions is showing up twice.

that doesn’t look right

your code should produce this correct result

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 1.22.26 PM

you need to make the changes to your code so you can see the correct result in the preview to pass the tests

I was too confident lol. Thank you!