Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 36

I dont understand what is wrong please help!!!

Your code so far

<!-- file: index.html -->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <title>Registration Form</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css" />
  </head>
  <body>
    <h1>Registration Form</h1>
    <p>Please fill out this form with the required information</p>
    <form action='https://register-demo.freecodecamp.org'>
      <fieldset>
        <label for="first-name">Enter Your First Name: <input id="first-name" type="text" required /></label>
        <label for="last-name">Enter Your Last Name: <input id="last-name" type="text" required /></label>
        <label for="email">Enter Your Email: <input id="email" type="email" required /></label>
        <label for="new-password">Create a New Password: <input id="new-password" type="password" pattern="[a-z0-5]{8,}" required /></label>
      </fieldset>
      <fieldset>
        <label for="personal-account"><input id="personal-account" type="radio" name="account-type" /> Personal Account</label>
        <label for="business-account"><input id="business-account" type="radio" name="account-type" /> Business Account</label>
        <label for="terms-and-conditions">
          <input id="terms-and-conditions" type="checkbox" required /> I accept the <a href="https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/terms-of-service/">terms and conditions</a>
        </label>
      </fieldset>
      <fieldset>
        <label>Upload a profile picture: <input type="file" /></label>
        <label>Input your age (years): <input type="number" min="13" max="120" /></label>
        <label>How did you hear about us?
          <select>
            <option value="">(select one)</option>
            <option value="1">freeCodeCamp News</option>
            <option value="2">freeCodeCamp YouTube Channel</option>
            <option value="3">freeCodeCamp Forum</option>
            <option value="4">Other</option>
          </select>
        </label>
      </fieldset>
      <label><textarea></textarea>Provide a bio:</label>
      <input type="submit" value="Submit" />
    </form>
  </body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
body {
  width: 100%;
  height: 100vh;
  margin: 0;
  background-color: #1b1b32;
  color: #f5f6f7;
}

label {
  display: block;
  margin: 0.5rem 0;
}

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/106.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 36

Link to the challenge:

You’re close but you put your text in the wrong area. You would want the text to appear before the element is rendered which you get when you flip where you inserted it to being just before the <textarea> elements. Here is what I used:

mod edit: solution removed

still getting error after your solution i have applied

There could be a few reasons it’s not working - perhaps try resetting that tutorial or something similar. Also be sure to consider where you are placing it as that matters per the instructions.
You can see here that I just passed again using that code:
solution redacted by mod

1 Like

Thanks for help. It works :grinning:

1 Like

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.

While I totally agree with you, I would implore you to follow your own guidelines because an inconsistency from your end, as a representative of FCC, will create a disconnect in whether or not people think providing the answer is an acceptable form of help. I know learning is best when one is challenged, not when one is graced.

See this screenshot from a few days ago where you provided an outright answer in light of mine which simply provided direction and documentation (empowerment):

I am not sure what you are referring to. The screenshot doesn’t show an answer that I made.

I’m not sure what you’re looking at since that screenshot clearly shows a low-stakes copy and paste solution for the problem that was asked.

yeah, I’m sorry, we don’t seem to be talking about the same thing.

The response I made in the screen shot was a quote of the original poster’s code and some words guiding them to a fix. I didn’t at any time post a solution to their problem.

What we are trying to avoid here is people posting their code solutions to the forum. We have no problem with people posting hints/tips/guidance.

You literally handed them the answer. It’s not even a big deal but that’s what you did.

You also didn’t explain how / why or provide documentation that would help.

This isn’t reddit, you don’t get to be semantically right at every juncture of your choice.

As I mentioned, we do not seem to be talking about the same thing.

In my response in the image you posted, i was quoting the original poster’s code. I didn’t write any code whatsoever.
I was telling them that their code was in the wrong place.
This was my way of helping them without writing code for them.

The only thing we do not approve of here is people posting solutions to requests for help. We have no problem with tips/hints/guidance (which may include quoting the person’s own code back to them and telling them that they placed it in the wrong spot).

I hope I have clarified this enough.

There are plenty of great mods on here who don’t try to win the Solutions Metrics contest each day and provide much more valuable insight where explanations, context and documentation are given.

That is the structure I attemped to follow and I recommend you do the same. Good luck.

Please do not post solutions instead of help in these threads. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.